Here are a few tips to make the most of your portrait session!
1. A portrait session is all about you! From start to finish, its your day to shine!
2. Come with hair/ makeup already done. Neither of those talents is something JFSM can provide.
3. Plan ahead of what you will wear a few days before. Make sure to lay out the complete outfit well before the session day!
7. Regardless of the type of session (Senior, portraits, engagements,etc.) Most tend to bring two outfits - a casual and a more formal/business outfit. You don't have to bring a change of outfit and you can always opt to add an additional outfit to a session!
8. If planning to take photos with a friend, family member or significant other, wear outfits that complement each other, whether than completely matching. If not sure on outfits/colors, I'll be happy to help as well!
4. Wear things that make you comfortable and that is flattering to you! Stay away from bright/flashy/ complicated patterns.
Solid colors work best on camera! If you aren't sure about an outfit, let me know! I'm more than willing to help!
5. The day of your session is NOT the time to try a new hairstyle, hair color, make-up technique, or wear a color you typically don't wear.
9. Bring any props you want to use/ include in the session! For example, any instruments, sports equipment, graduation memorabilia, etc.
10. Get plenty of sleep the night before!
11. NO FAKE SMILES ALLOWED! I'm all about capturing genuine smiles and laughs, so expect to have fun!
6. Little details are awesome! If you have a necklace, watch, ring that means something to you or is just a random favorite, definitely wear it!
12. Strongly consider who will be with you the day of your session. Nerves are understandable and perfectly fine, but the whole family and distracting friends, should not be involved in the Session. A parent/guardian or one friend is more than enough! Check with me for who should be present and who shouldn't!